Compounding is the practice of preparing customized medications to fit the unique needs of a patient. We understand that no two patients are physiologically the same. And, for that reason, there is no single medication that achieves optimal results across the board. With the prescriber’s authorization, Arnold Pharmacy can custom-prepare medications in a variety of unique dosage forms, including:
- Custom Flavoring – Custom flavoring is available for most oral medication forms, and unique delivery systems may be employed to help give medication to finicky patients.
- Capsules – Medication can be compounded into customized capsules, especially in cases where an alternate strength is required or to omit potential allergens or irritants, such as dyes, preservatives, or gluten.
- Oral Liquids – Many medications can be compounded as oral liquids for those patients who have difficulty swallowing tablets and capsules.
- Veterinary Needs – Customized medications for most animals including customized dosages & strengths, adding flavor, alternate dosage forms & discontinued or hard to find medications.
- Troches & Lollipops – Troches and lollipops are used to keep drugs in the mouth when local action is needed there. Troches may also be placed under the tongue and allowed to dissolve, which allows the medication to enter the bloodstream quickly and easily.
- Topical Preparations – Topical methods of delivery are widely used because they allow the absorption of medicine directly through the skin, and may help avoid potential side effects such as stomach upset or drowsiness. Forms include gels, creams and lotions, sprays.
- Suppositories – Patients who cannot take medications orally are ideal candidates. By melting or dissolving into the body cavity, they allow the medication to pass quickly into the bloodstream.
Give us a call today to speak with our pharmacists to find out if custom compounded medications are right for you.
There are endless possibilities when working with compounded medications. Arnold Professional Pharmacy specializes in Topical Pain Creams and Wound and Scar Treatments. People of all ages and walks of life can benefit from taking compounded medication.
Compounding is also available on a smaller scale at Annapolis and MedPark.
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us today.